Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Obama at Mizzou

Barack Obama is coming to hold a rally at Mizzou on Thursday. It should be a fun experience. I will go and listen to what he has to say, even though my mind is already made up. It should be fun to see all the people drinking the Obama kool-aid there. Hopefully there will be free T-shirts. I am in need of an Obama shirt.

As I go through life in college and am really starting to figure out who I am, I am finding more and more that while at times I like to be the life of the party, so to speak, more often I would rather sit back and let the people who like to talk go ahead and talk. Hmm, that was an awkward sentence. A long one, too. Even though I support Obama, some of the interest I have in going is just to see how gung-ho some other people there will be. Those are the "kool-aid" drinkers I referenced above.

This all reminds me of a book a read entitled The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chopsky (sp?). I see a lot of myself in the main character, but have learned a lot from the book as well, mostly to be sure that I don't spend my ENTIRE life sitting by and watching.

Anywho, I have a test coming up Thursday, and I have yet to start studying. Peace out, yo

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the happy haps?