Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hey, Mikey, I think he likes it!

Okay, so I was skeptical about whether I would get into the "blogging" mindset. Clock it, 2 hours since the inaugural post and I'm back for more.

The picture with the title of the blog is of the Goldrush game last year at Faurot Field. Uhhh, memory is failing me here, but I think we played Nebraska. Yepppp, yeah we did. And if I'm not mistaken, I THINK we won something like 41-6. I don't know. It was such a long time ago I'm having trouble remembering..... uh huh. That was the score. Here's proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngr7apc6_hY

Brilliant stuff. Quality is not as good as you would hope, but that game was unbelievable. 73,000 outrageous fans there, the atmosphere was unreal. Now, this week the football Tigers go into Lincoln, where they have not one in 30 years. The media has been saying that all the time, but honestly, WHO CARES? The fact is that in today's college football, tradition is counting for less and less everyday. Don't get me wrong, it still matters. But the Nebraska fans out there who make the claims that they'll be back because there's just so much tradition in football there is a load of crap. These are 17 and 18 year old kids here, names like Tom Osborne don't mean anything to them. Especially in this age where on any given Saturday you can watch 5 or 6 different college football games, the players today just want to go where they can get playing time. The 85 scholarship limit has given college football a new face and a level of parity that has never been experienced before. Gone are the days when the Cornhuskers would recruit the 3 best running backs just so the Tigers or K-State or whoever else wouldn't get them. It's time for new powers to arise in the various conferences around the nation, and it's a beautiful thing.

In summary, I like college football.

Alright, I better get back to studying for now. Plus I'm feelin a steamin plate of pizza rolls comin my way.

Don't worry, I'll be back.

---The Comeback Kid

1 comment:

  1. you are so right about tradition in college football. now would somebody please tell that to noted dame?

    ReplyDelete

What's the happy haps?