Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back to the Grind

After a fun weekend with my family, it's back to work. I went to my cousin's wedding this weekend and had a good time. I haven't seen my mom's side of the family in a long time, so it was good to reconnect with them. I hope that I will be able to go out there more frequently in the future.

The low point of the weekend, by far, was Mizzou losing to Oklahoma State on Saturday night. Oklahoma did get beat by Texas, which is good for us. We play Texas on Saturday and if we come out of Austin with a win it will go a long way to get us back into National Title consideration. I think we are certainly capable of doing it, but whether we will or not is (obviously) yet to be seen. I don't even wanna talk about the loss on Saturday night, I'm still trying to recover. Bottom line is we choked. Credit to (I'm a MAN) Mike Gundy and his Cowboys, they were no question the better team on Saturday. That's why the game is played, boys and girls. Mizzou wins that game 8 or 9 times out of 10. Oh well, on to Texas.

So today I got out of class at 12:15, and it was nice to come back and have lunch, relax and then get started on some homework. I'm in the middle of another relaxing period, just started some laundry and considering going to Wal-Mart.

Our draft for our fantasy basketball league is tomorrow night so that should be exciting. I'm not a big follower of NBA basketball but it's a group of my friends so it should be fun if nothing else. Also a good distraction from studying. That's ALWAYS a plus.

In one week, arguably the most anticipated video game for Xbox 360 comes out. It's called Fable 2, and basically you are the hero of the world of Albion and you save the world from bad guys. OK, horrible summary of the game but it's not out yet so I can't really say. All I know is the original Fable, for Xbox, was a ton of fun. I guess I'm just a video game nerd. Whatever, I'm okay with it.

My sister is due to have her baby son on the 21st. I'm definitely excited for him to come! Having another baby around will make the drive back to St. Charles a lot shorter and much more attractive to me. One of my roommates is going back this weekend, but I'm not sure I will or not because I have a test on Monday for a class I should be doing better in. I guess I'll decide later.

Alright I'm on to do some math homework. Wish me luck! Talk to you later

---The Comeback Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the happy haps?