Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The First Entry...

What a colorful, illuminating title, huh?

A professor once told me that newspaper stories that had titles or lead sentences that started with the words "the, an, or a" were the most often skipped over stories. The experiment was pretty extensive, with people wearing special glasses that tracked their eyes over the paper as they read.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, don't skip my blog. It's my first one. It's beautiful. Cherish what I have to say. Haha, joking. Sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet. That's gonna be rough for me, but I'll try to make it painfully obvious when I make the attempt at humor here.

This blog was created in response to a need to have a break in studying. I knew college was tough, but I had four tests this week, a quiz in the only class in which I didn't have a test, a paper due Friday, and a homework assignment also due Friday. Talk about LAME. Who gives homework to a lecture hall of 450+ students? The best part is that the grades for the first homework in the class still haven't been posted, and the homework was collected 3 weeks ago. Who creates that much work for themselves? Weird.

Anywho... I guess I should get back to my exciting, wonderful, laugh-a-minute night of studying. This wasn't a great first post but I only had a limited amount of time in which to do it. They'll get better as time passes, I didn't want to set the bar too high on the first attempt.

That's all for me, peace out.

---The Comeback Kid

3 comments:

  1. Blogging is addictive, that's fo sho. Just don't write anything that you don't want tracked back to you eventually. I speak from experience.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy, welcome to the mad world of blogging. I'm pretty sure you'll do well at it.

    Remember, some of the most brilliant things you'll ever think of will occur to you when you're nowhere near a computer, and by the time you are, they will have slipped from your mind. My blog is a clearing house of mental jetsam, but the "literary genius" never made it back to my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thank you. I'm not too worried about the genius not being here though. Most of what I write about is more or less a stream of consciousness. AKA the most brilliant literary technique. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

What's the happy haps?