Thursday, October 2, 2008

I can see the light

So I for sure got my ass kicked by both of my tests today. The good news is that they are finally over. Now I just have to write a paper on the similarities and differences between William James and Daniel Wegner (SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE), which won't be terribly hard if I can manage to stay awake, and finish some meteorology homework.

At least tomorrow's Friday. Then I can sleep in for two or three days. This week has been so hectic and tiresome I'm having trouble getting motivated to just finish out the last little bit I have.

I was talking to a friend of mine today that hadn't registered to vote, and I asked her why she hadn't. She said that she "didn't feel educated enough" to vote. I didn't understand that comment at all. So, wait, you can get on Facebook and look at pictures of people you don't really know for hours, but you can't take 10 minutes a day to read a paper and learn about the election? I mean, come on. I am by no means a political scientist and don't claim to be. But, really, it's appalling that so many people just don't give a shit. I mean, there are soooooo many things out there to take an interest in; the war, Darfur, immigration, abortion, I mean the list goes on an on. And take a second to think about it... by voting you are taking an active stance to try and change some of those things. I dunno, it just seems dumb that people don't go out and vote. The uneducated story isn't workin for me, I'm just not buying it.

Here's a video I found sorta funny about not voting. it's a PSA so don't expect much:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1832128

My cousin is getting married in a couple weeks. The wedding is out on the East Coast, and I'm really excited to go out there and see all of my family for a couple days. I have not been out there in 3 or 4 years, I think, so I can't wait to go. The only downside is that I'll be missing the Mizzou vs Oklahoma State game. Both teams are ranked now and we both can keep winning it should be a top 15 or possibly even a top 10 matchup. It's set to air on either ESPN or ESPN2. I love night games in Columbia. The game has already been sold out it's really gonna suck to miss it. But I'll get a group of people together out there and show them what Chase Daniel and Co. are all about.

Wellllllllll it's high time I get some pizza rolls and get to writin and researchin.

Check back later

---The Comback Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the happy haps?